[SS-TP-05] Building on key milestones from Stockholm (WWW 2016) and Cancun (WWC 2017) promoting WEF Nexus as a foundation for SDGs implementation, the objectives of this special session are to:
1) Share WEF Nexus lessons learned across scales and sectors toward SDGs implementation;
2) Facilitate dialogue between funding agencies, banks, academics, private sector, public sector, technology providers, entrepreneurs and civil society on the role of WEF Nexus in SDGs implementation; and
3) Discuss ways to improve policy coherence across WEF sectors and across scale.
Facilitated audience engagement (45 minutes) will encourage dialogue between funding agencies, banks, academics, private/public sectors, technology providers, entrepreneurs and civil society on the role of WEF Nexus in SDGs implementation, with the goal of addressing key questions:
1. How can scientific tools, technology (in particular information, communication technology) data, and case studies contribute coherence to WEF systems / SDGs implementation?
2. What policies and incentives are needed to promote implementation of SDGs in the context of WEF systems?
3. What are some successful, cross-scale, governance and technological lessons?
4. How can we communicate the WEF systems complexities and share positive messaging, while maintaining momentum towards change for a sustainable future?
5. How do we maintain the integrity of human rights issues in the context of WEF systems solutions?
6. How can opportunities be better promoted and coordinated between cross-sectoral players, at different scales?
Panel discussions will identify, for different stakeholders, opportunities associated with investment in Nexus solutions; the roles of public/private sectors, entrepreneurs and banks in their implementation, financing, and governance; and the types of interventions to be carried forward. Documentation will include: white paper summarizing discussions and conclusions; factsheets available to participants and published on line; video focused on Nexus dimensions and including farmers, global nexus chokepoints and interviews.