Managing and restoring ecosystems for water services demands a whole preoccupation with the population to be served with the water, with the residents nearby or in the ecosystems as well as with ecosystems themselves. Legislation, funding, sharing information with transparency in an inclusive chamber, capable of unite and consider the opinions, sometimes conflicting, of all the stakeholders involved is a way of creating empathy and accelerating important decisions. This session will bring experiences of these chambers of discussion for effective decision to preserve ecosystems for water services and biodiversity, and show the importance of sharing information to produce better decisions.
MEMBERS OF THE SESSION COORDINATION GROUP
Korea Environment Institute – KEI
Centre for Built Environment, Kolkata (India)
EMBRAPA - Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (Brazil)
TNC - The Nature Conservancy (Brazil),tbc
• Greg Browder, Global Lead of Water Resources Management, The World Bank
• Dr. Marlos De Souza, Secretary, Water Platform, FAO
• Dr. Eu Gene Chung, National Institute of Environment Research, Korea
• Ms. Yone Fonseca, Renova Fundation, Brazil
• Ms. María Eugenia Alderete, Brazil and Paraguay.
• Mr. Shimon Tal (Tal Consulting Ltd, Israel)
• Ms. Alokananda Mukherjee (Centre for Build Environment Kolkata, India)