Policy, actions, strategic frameworks to attain SDGs by gaining financial sustainability and resilience of water systems and infrastructure, the need to strategically mobilize public resources and augment opportunities for private investment - will be the focus of this session. Given the diversity of the countries in Asia-Pacific, this session is intended to highlight experiences of policy makers, recognizing variety of financial systems, namely on:
• improving planning, implementation processes by creating scenarios to address issues of cross-thematic nature by enhancing sustainable business models of water services and infrastructure;
• bringing in commercial lenders, private sector as participants to help attain water-related SDGs via impactful investments from public and private sources;
• creating funding, oversight programs, policy frameworks, incentivizing decentralized water management financing system and collaborative partnerships.
"United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
Asian Development Bank
Dr. Stefanos Fotiou
Mr. Tom Panella
Fotiou@un.org contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
63 2 632-4832"
• Curt Garrigan, Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Thailand
• Mr. Kunihiro Moriyasu, Japan Water Forum, Japan
• Ravi Narayana, Asia-Pacific Water Forum, India
• Tom Panella, Asian Development Bank, Philippines